September 1, 2017:
Company: Hamilton Brook Smith Reynolds
Position: Patent Attorney or Patent Agent (Biotechnology)
You can have it all! Be part of a dynamic IP practice. Build strong relationships with colleagues and clients. Contribute to deeply meaningful and interesting work in a collaborative, team environment. And enjoy unparalleled work and home life balance.
We seek an associate with 2-4 years of patent prosecution experience and an advanced degree in immunology, molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, or related discipline. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of patent drafting and prosecution experience for U.S. and foreign clients, and an advanced degree, Ph.D. preferred. Registration with the USPTO and outstanding writing and interpersonal skills required. J.D. from an accredited law school preferred.
Hamilton Brook Smith & Reynolds offers a competitive salary, top-flight benefits and is the firm that will allow you to make the most of your education and experience, while enjoying a superior work and home life balance in Boston or the beautiful Boston suburb of Concord.
If you would like to step out of the pack and into a highly visible role on our dedicated team, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Director of Human Resources
Hamilton, Brook, Smith & Reynolds, P.C.
530 Virginia Road, PO Box 9133
Concord, MA 01742-9133
OR email: email@example.com
Please see our website at www.hbsr.com.
August 25, 2017:
Company: Wolf Greenfield
Position: Technology Specialist*
*Please note that we do not have any current openings in the Biotech practice. However, we anticipate hiring in mid-2018.
What is a technology specialist? In the legal world, a technology specialist (tech spec) is an individual whose educational background is in science or engineering and decides to embark on a career in patent law. Having a robust background in science or engineering is essential for anyone interested in pursuinga career in patent law. What is not required is prior legal experience or a degree in law. All that is required is a strong foundation in engineering or science, a love of learning new technology and a passion for working with others. Typical responsibilities of our tech specs include:
• Reviewing technical disclosures and participating in client interviews to understand new inventions;
• Searching literature and patent databases to determine the patentability of inventions;
• Drafting written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection;
• Writing patent applications;
• Preparing responses to communications from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office;
• Developing arguments for patentability to Patent Office Examiners; and
• Reviewing patents as part of the IP due diligence for a potential acquisition or merger.
Technology Specialists at Wolf Greenfield pursue one of two tracks:
• Patent Attorney Track: After at least one year with the firm gaining valuable on-the-job experience, we anticipate that you will enroll in a part-time law school evening program. The firm supports your education by reducing your billable hour requirement and covering the cost of tuition and books. The part-time law school program typically takes four years to complete. Upon graduating, taking the bar exam, and being admitted to practice law, you will transition to the role of Associate.
• Patent Agent Track: On the Patent Agent Track, you will enjoy the same types of challenging work and professional development opportunities, with a reduced billable hour requirement. Your training and on-the-job experience will help you develop your career as a seasoned Patent Agent. The opportunity to participate in the firm's law school program will not be offered to someone in this position.
Qualifications: Candidates must have an advanced degree in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, genetics, molecular biology, biological sciences or a related discipline.
To view our current openings, please visit http://www.wolfgreenfield.com/careers/technology-specialists/current-openings. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.