PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
A scientist position is available to join the Redirected Cellular Immuno-therapeutics group in Immuno-Oncology at EMD Serono. This group is focused on developing therapeutics that mediate anti-tumor activity by redirecting leukocytes to tumors. The incumbent will require a strong/broad conceptual knowledge of cellular biology and protein therapeutics. Advanced skills related to the development of in-vitro based cell biology assays, stable cell line generation (e.g. lentiviral transduction) and protein biochemistry are required. The successful candidate will be proficient in working independently, as part of multidisciplinary project teams and have the capacity to quickly adapt to project priorities.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
The individual will work in a creative team with other scientists on novel technology research in the area of Immuno-Oncology. In general, the individual will be responsible for a variety of in vitro tasks including cell line production, protein biochemistry and the development/implementation/execution of biological assays to evaluate immune-stimulatory and tumor-inhibitory activities. The candidate requires:
• Development and execution of in-vitro immuno-oncology based assays to screen and optimize candidate therapeutics.
• Execution of molecular biology and a variety of downstream protein biochemistry assays.
• Generate cell lines using a variety of technologies including retroviral and lentiviral vectors.
• Troubleshoot effectively and think proactively.
• Work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects.
• Multitask between and learn new skill sets.
• Work with murine in-vivo models and demonstrate strong knowledge of immunology (preferred but not required).
• Ph.D. in cell biology or related field with post-doctoral and industry experience.
• Strong understanding of cell biology, protein biology, basic immunology and immuno-oncology.
• Track record of scientific accomplishments and publications in the advancement of immuno-therapeutics.
Contact: Terry Ryan, email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or apply online: www.emdserono.com<http://www.emdserono.com/>
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE