AJU IB is a leading South Korean venture capital firm with an office in Boston that is dedicated to investing in breakthrough biotechnology and life science companies. Our mission is to build and fund transformational innovations that have the potential to make a meaningful difference to patient outcomes and quality of life.
Position & Who Should Apply
This is an entry-level position for full time employment in Boston. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who possesses an MD or PhD in a life sciences field and has a demonstrated interest and deep domain knowledge of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
• Member of core team conducting due diligence and deal sourcing activities
• Evaluate scientific evidence, clinical paradigms, IP and commercial landscapes
• Contribute to internal investment committee review process to arrive at financing decisions
• Screen business plans and investment proposals
• Work on operational and strategic issues for current and potential portfolio companies
• Scientific and clinical data analysis
• Generate new investment themes through primary research and source potential new investment opportunities
• PhD and/or MD degree in life sciences required—strong translational research focus is a plus
• Additional business experience a plus (e.g. finance, consulting, business development, technology licensing, patent law, operations, etc.)
• Quick learner that can get up to speed in technical areas outside core expertise
• Strong passion for medical innovation and entrepreneurial drive
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Self-starter; ability to run with things without much oversight
• Highly analytical, open-minded, deep thinker
• Team player with low ego
If interested in learning more, please send resume/CV to email@example.com.