NYC-based equity research Associate position covering pharmaceuticals and biotech on the top ranked team. Unlike other equity research roles (which are very specific to one sub-sector), this role spans a very broad set of responsibility – ranging from specialty pharma to generics to biotech. This in turn means lots of room to learn a very diverse skillset as well as lots of exposure to top investors. Past members on the team have moved on to extremely coveted roles.
What to expect:
We are a small team and work very closely together. There is a high amount of exposure with investors and executive teams of spec pharma, biotech, pharma companies. As a result, there is a clear expectation that the candidate has a good attitude, is self-driven, very intellectually curious and can figure things out very quickly.
- Strong science background (don’t necessarily need a PhD – BS/MS in chemistry/bio is good) … also open to MD or PhDs if someone is exceptional
- Super excited to learn
- Comfortable working investment banking hours (including late nights and weekends)
- Basic understanding of financial modeling (<although we’re flexible on this)
Skill set you will develop:
- Ramping up on a new therapeutic area instantly
- Dissecting clinical data & stats
- Patent law
- Public speaking & professional relationships
- Financial modeling