Job Title: Immuno-oncology Scientist
Location: Tarrytown, NY (near New York City)
Requisition Number: 14586BR
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases. Visit us at www.regeneron.com .
The successful candidate will directly contribute to the development of novel antibody therapeutics to treat a variety of malignancies in patients. This candidate will join a dynamic, high-profile, and multidisciplinary team that studies an array of anti-tumor immunotherapies including checkpoint inhibitors.
The scientist will be responsible for validating our expanding portfolio of antibodies that have been engineered to engage a variety of immune effector pathways, including co-stimulatory signaling. Specifically, this candidate will develop novel animal models to conduct complex in vivo and ex vivo murine tumor studies to test rational combinations of cancer therapeutics with the goal of advancing leads to the clinic.
The qualified individual will have a strong background in one or more areas of tumor biology, immunology, oncology, and/or immuno-oncology.
Ideal applicants will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as this candidate will be expected to work productively in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
Further, critical problem-solving abilities and a commitment to scientific excellence are desired.
• Design, plan, and independently perform complex anti-tumor efficacy studies in mice including: cell culture, dosing (IV, SC, IP), and measuring tumors, as well as the dissection of immune organs for subsequent ex vivo analysis.
• Develop novel murine models to investigate combinatorial immuno-therapeutic strategies
• Design flow cytometry (FACS) panels and perform FACS analysis on human and murine cells, tumors, and tissues
• Synthesize results across experiments and programs in PowerPoint presentations and present to colleagues and senior management, including clinical and regulatory teams.
• Responsible for authoring documents to be published in regulatory filings, patent applications, external conference posters, and journal articles.
• Work successfully in cross-functional teams by contributing data and ideas
• This Scientist position comes with the potential to manage Research Associates
This position requires a minimum of a Ph.D, and experience in the below:
• Skilled in the design of complex studies to interrogate in vivo efficacy of novel therapies.
• Ability to independently perform in vivo efficacy studies in both immunocompetent and immunocompromised mice (tumor implantation, monitoring tumor growth by caliper or bioluminescence (IVIS), and monitoring survival)
• Skilled in ex vivo and in vitro techniques, including the culture of human and mouse cells and the analysis of serum cytokine levels
• Skilled in development and design of FACS antibody panels and analysis of FACS data
• Demonstrated interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry.
Apply today https://careers.regeneron.com/job/REGEA0026307066/Immuno-oncology-Scientist and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.